The Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) and Big Energy Saving Winter campaign are here to help you save money on your gas and electricity
BESN delivers an extensive FREE programme of support to households focused on helping to reduce energy costs on tariffs, switching and the take up of energy efficiency offers.
Through last year’s campaign:
- 290 saved on average by households who switched to a new deal
- 140 average saving through applying for energy schemes
They can help you with:
- Switching supplier/ getting a new deal
- Switching payment method
- Checking eligibility /accessing the Warm Home Discount
- Priority Service Registration
- Energy efficiency grant eligibility
- Energy efficiency tips
What support are they offering?
This year BESN will be delivered in in Covid safe way following the latest government guidelines
- Online zoom events with community groups and follow up 1-1 telephone/ face to face ( where possible)
- A telephone appointment
- An online appointment
- A face to face appointment ( if this is safe to do so)
How can you access their support?
Telephone or email our experienced advisor to arrange the best support for you/ your group.
Contact: Janet Clark
Telephone: 01529 301962
The Big Energy Saving Winter Campaign
Follow three simple steps to prepare for the winter ahead.
● Check to see if you are eligible for discounts, grants and support
● Switch your tariff or energy supplier to get the best deal
● Save money by becoming more energy efficient
YMCA / Community Lincs will be attending virtual outreach sessions organised by partner organisations during the next three months to take the check, switch, save message out to the local community. As well as providing information and advice through their websites Facebook and Twitter.
If you are holding virtual community sessions for your group and would like us to attend contact:
This year, Big Energy Saving Winter is also calling on energy super savers, who have made savings to their own bills, to help their relatives, friends and neighbours to check, switch and save on their energy bills. Free resources and advice will enable energy super savers to help protect the UK’s most vulnerable people they will also be entered into a competition.
Janet Clark Senior Rural officer at YMCA / Community Lincs said:
“With many people using more energy than normal its crucial no-one is paying more than they need to for their energy.
Switching energy suppliers is one of the quickest ways for us all to make sure we’re not paying more than we need to. But we are also on hand to help make sure people are getting any extra grants and benefits they might be entitled to and to look at ways to make people’s homes more energy efficient.”
Telephone: 01529 301962