Curiosity Fund – Curiosity Round Two
Curiosity aims to use the power of exciting and engaging science activities to create change for children and young people experiencing disadvantage in the UK. It is a partnership between BBC Children in Need and Wellcome Trust .
They are looking for new projects that make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the UK through engagement with and participation in science. We want to fund organisations who are excited to learn about the difference science can make and can help us learn too.
two levels of award:
• small grants – up to £10,000 a year for up to three years
• large grants – up to £40,000 a year for up to three years.
Curiosity is a one-off scheme and this is the last round of funding, so they expect it to be highly competitive. For the first round, they received 183 applications and made 32 grants.
• Deadline for applications is 11:59pm on 12 April 2019
• Assessments with applicants who reach this stage will happen throughout June 2019
• Decisions will be communicated in August 2019.