There are now less than 6 months to apply and EU, EEA and Swiss Citizens will lose their rights to live, work, access the NHS, if they don’t apply by the 30 June 2021.

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss national you and your family  members must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by Wednesday 30 June 2021 to continue living, working and studying in the UK.

What is the EU Settlement Scheme?

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss national then the Settlement Scheme allows you and your  family members to continue to live, work and study in the UK after we leave the EU.

Registration also means you will remain eligible for:

  • Public services,  such as healthcare and schools
  • Public funds and pensions
  • British citizenship, if you want to apply and meet the requirements.

Most citizens can  apply online at, but for those who are vulnerable or have other questions or issues, free and confidential support is available through our EUSS Support Team at Citizens Advice South Lincolnshire.  

The project is also funded by the Home Office.

The service  offers access to free immigration advice and support for vulnerable EU Citizens to apply for settled or pre-settled status in the UK and protect their rights after June 30 2021.

Vulnerable citizens may include:

  • -Victims of domestic violence
  • -Victims of modern slavery  and human  trafficking
  • -Children and young people living in care
  • -Disabled/seriously ill people
  • -Residents in care homes
  • -Homeless people

Please visit their website for more information:

On the website you can refer clients to them by filling out the online form or clients can also fill it out themselves.  They can also find out email and helpline contact details on this page. 

For support with an application please call our EUSS Support Line on  0800 448 0734 or email

EU Settlement Scheme – information from the Home Office and Citizen Advice