The specialist financial services company is launching its ‘Movement for Good’ awards programme on Tuesday 23 April.
Ecclesiastical Insurance has designed this new awards programme for charities registered in the UK and Republic of Ireland. It is open to a range of charities, from small volunteer-run groups to larger, well-known organisations.
The £1 million giving programme has been divided into two categories with:
- 500 charitable donations of £1,000. Entries will be accepted from 23 April to 17 May 2019 (23:59)
- 10 grants of £50,000 each. Entries will be accepted from 17 June 2019 to 26 July 2019 (23:59).
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be registered with one of the following:
- the Charity Commission for England and Wales
- the Charity Commission in Northern Ireland
- the Charities Regulator for the Republic of Ireland
- the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
- Not be red flagged by the relevant charity commission (or other regulator).
- Not discriminate unlawfully in any way.
- Not support any specific political party or affiliated group.
Charities applying for a smaller award must have been in existence for at least six months.
Charities applying for the larger award must:
- Have been registered as a charity with the relevant charity commission or regulator on or before 1 July 2017.
- Have an income of less than £5 million in 2018 and a predicted income of less than £5 million in 2019.
Grants must be used:
- To cover a specific project (rather than funding general ongoing running costs).
- To take an existing successful project or initiative to a new level or bring a creative and challenging new idea to fruition.
- For one or more of the following charitable objects:
- The advancement of education and skills;
- The advancement of citizenship or community development; and/or
- The advancement of arts, culture or heritage.
Full details can be found on the Ecclesiastical Movement for Good web page.
Entries for a £1,000 grant will be accepted from 23 April to 17 May 2019 (23:59).
Entries for a £50,000 grant will be accepted from 17 June to 26 July 2019 (23:59).