Abbey Access Training, is providing a Level 1 NVQ course in Food Preparation for a small number of people (due to Covid restrictions) which will allow these individuals to gain Food Hygiene, COSHH, HACCP and First Aid certificates.
This opportunity will offer the successful applicants the chance of gaining the relevant skills and certificates mentioned above, but will also provide support to help find work.
The successful individuals will be required to attend for 25 days. The 5 weeks will then be followed by supported job search sessions to help gain employment.
- Day 1 – Induction and enrolment
- Day 2 – CV lesson and update of CV’s
- Day 3 – Covering Letter lesson and update/production of a cover letter
- Day 4 – Application Form lesson
- Day 5 – Food Hygiene course
- Day 6 – COSHH in a food environment course
- Day 7-25 – Food prep and food service work experience and NVQ
This will be followed by supported days of intensive job search, applications sessions, work experience opportunities and a range of courses to help you gain employment. Programmes are funded through a range of contracts.
Please send referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 801556.