Dunston Village Hall are on the look out for a new Manager to support the running of their village hall.
There will be considerable flexibility of working hours plus the opportunity to work from home when not required to be present at the Village Hall which will include some time in the evenings and at weekends.
Ideally the successful candidate should be able to travel from home to Dunston Village Hall in 30 minutes or less so they are able to deal with requests and / or issues in a timely manner.
Summary of Role
· To oversee the running of the hall, in particular hall bookings.
· To ensure that the cleaner maintains the cleanliness of the hall.
· To ensure that the caretaker/handyman maintains the security and good working order of equipment and fittings of the hall.
· To provide a positive experience for all hall users.
Your Key Responsibilities will be as follows:
· To manage the bookings process for the hall, responding to enquiries by phone or email.
· To show prospective hirers around the hall, creating a positive impression of the hall and the hirer’s experience.
· To ensure the booking process is streamlined, and operates efficiently
· To ensure that the appropriate forms are completed for licensable activities and permission has been granted.
· To keep records of all confirmed and potential bookings that are shared with the caretaker, cleaner and with other hall officers as required.
· To ensure that any bar provider & staff are trained in and implement the Challenge 25 system.
· To raise invoices for all bookings and collect payments in cash or by cheque.
· To liaise with the Treasurer regarding any bookings to be paid for by bank transfer.
· To ensure all monies received from hall bookings are paid into the bank within 1 week of receipt.
· To ensure that all copy invoices and details of cash and cheques banked are provided to the Treasurer by the 28thday of each month.
· To manage the Petty Cash Account for all cash transactions for administration expenses, cleaning materials and minor maintenance and repair. Prepare a monthly statement for the Treasurer.
· To obtain authorization of any expenditure over £100 from the Treasurer.
· To be responsible for setting the heating timing and temperature controls for each room to ensure that rooms are at the required temperature for scheduled activities and to provide frost guard protection at other times.
· To approve any general maintenance expenditure under £100 required by the caretaker.
· To inform the caretaker of any damages, repair and maintenance requirements.
· To ensure the cleaner maintains the cleanliness of the hall and arrange for replacement cleaner to cover for holidays, sickness and additional cleaning required.
· To order supplies of toiletries and cleaning materials as required.
· To arrange annual PAT and Fire Equipment test/checks.
· In conjunction with the caretaker/handyman conduct regular inspections of the premise and report any essential repairs or maintenance requirements of the building, internal fixtures and fittings, general equipment, crockery and utensils.
· To work with the Hall Cleaner, Caretaker/Handyman and Committee to provide a positive experience for all users of the hall
· To provide hirers with clear and timely information in regard to the hire of the hall.
· To attend all Village Hall Management Committee meetings.
· To implement all procedures required by the Charity’s Official Policies.
Publicity and Promotion.
To be responsible for the updating of information about activities and events in the village hall
· on internal and exterior noticeboards
· on other public noticeboards in neighbouring villages as appropriate
· in local publications – eg the monthly edition of The Limespring Hundred
· on social media eg Facebook
· and maintaining and updating the village hall website www.dunstonvillagehall.co.uk.
· To be first line manager for the cleaner & the caretaker/handyman
· Responsible to the Treasurer for all financial matters.
· Responsible for general matters to the line manager appointed by the Village Hall Management Committee
· Reporting to the Village Hall Management Committee.
· Financial summary to the treasurer on a monthly basis.
· Bookings report and forecast of bookings to each Village Hall Management Committee meeting.
· Premises Maintenance and Report to each Village Hall Management Committee meeting.
Rate of payment for this position: £9.50 per hour for approximately 12 hours per month
Six months probationary period. Thereafter rate of pay will increase to £10.00 per hour.
There is a requirement to income generate to make a contribution to the salary costs of this position going forward, which will be reviewed annually. After 6 months targets will be discussed and agreed.
For more information on how to apply contact Roger Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org.