Severn Trent Community Fund is a programme that aims to support community wellbeing as well as protect and sustain water and natural resources, within the Severn Trent area. The programme will distribute grants of £2,000 – £250,000 for local initiatives that meet the following aims:
• People – Projects that facilitate healthier lifestyles and skills development
• Place – Projects that help create better places to live in and use
• Environment – Projects that facilitate a healthier natural environment, greater access to that environment or support the preservation of water
Since it is a water company, it also encourage projects to have a connection to the water cycle in some way. This might mean creating sustainable drainage, installing grey water recycling, creating more water efficient green places (parks, allotments, etc.) or encouraging hydration for health.
Applications will be open from early January 2020 via their website and full criteria and guidance will be available soon.
You can apply for a grant if your organisation is not ‘for profit’ and you have a governing document etc. – the full criteria will be available soon but the basics are:
- Funding for new projects and their associated costs that meet the aims of the fund * unfortunately retrospective funding or general running costs are not eligible.
- Projects need to be sustainable with a long term impact.
There are 3 sizes of grant that can be applied for:
• £2,000- £10,000
**Organisations applying for more than £10,000 must be registered and supply us with a charity/company number
• £10,001 – £75,000
• £75,001 – £250,000
To register your interest or for more details please visit: https://www.stwater.co.uk/about-us/severn-trent-community-fund/