Sage Gardener CIC moved into the community in 2022, and have launched a new series of Community Programmes at a variety of their venues, allotment and “adopted” gardens. They are run by volunteers and rely on donations to support our work that is not funded by any other means.
Their aims are still to enable people to enhance their wellbeing, (both physical and mental) through connection with the natural environment.
They aim to achieve this by
- direct engagement with individuals and community groups eg clubs, societies, care homes etc using our team of volunteers and by supporting community groups to deliver similar activities
- developing Friendship Groups focussed around gardening, nature, wellbeing, wildlife, crafts, healthy living and the outdoors.
- offering a diverse range of learning opportunities in a variety of formats and new experiences such as walk and talk, storytelling, healthy eating and living ideas.
Their community facilities currently include
- vegetable, propagation and fruit growing areas
- areas of ornamental, sensory and wildlife friendly plants
- woodland and other natural habitats
- workshop locations to carry out horticultural, floral, craft and other activities
Activities they currently provide are
- Friendship groups
- A range of Workshops
- 1:1 support
Please see the attached document and for further information, visit their website: www.sagegardener.co.uk.