Tesco Bags of Help Fund- More applicants needed

Tesco and Groundwork are still looking for applications  for Tesco Bags of Help particularly in Worksop region and Market Rasen region – these areas include the rural areas around them. 

Please see link below for how to apply – guidance notes and frequently asked questions are at the bottom of the link page and how to apply a couple of step – eligibility form and then application form. The public votes  every two months on those projects in their area and the popularity of the project will reflect the amount of money the group receives (1st receives £4,000, 2nd £2,000 and 3rd £1000).The maximum a project can receive is £4,000 the minimum is £1000 if they get to the public voting point. Three projects are needed every three months.

What types of projects will Bags of Help fund?

The types of projects funded will be very broad and will cover the direct costs needed to deliver the project, this could range from:

  • Purchasing items which will benefit local community groups such as sports kit, specialised medical equipment, art and crafts materials, spades, litter pickers, camping equipment.
  • Improvements to a building that benefits the local community such as a Scout or Guide hut, church or village hall, changing facilities for sports.
  • Developing an outdoor space play area, allotment, park, school grounds, woodland or wildlife area.
  • Running a community event or activity such as fun runs, village fete, clean-up day, tree planting, bird watch.

Bags of Help can fund 100% of your project costs so you do not have to have any match funding. However, if you secured additional funding, there is no limit to what this amount can be and any funding awarded by Bags of Help can form part of your wider project costs.

Your project can be a stand-alone project or discrete, self-contained part of a larger scheme or part of a phased project. You will need to complete your project within twelve months of receipt of the grant.

For any projects that are making a physical improvement to an outdoor space, you will need the landowner’s permission and you might also need other permissions – e.g. planning permission. These need to be in place before you submit your application and the landowner permission form will need to be completed and signed as part of your application.