Voluntary Centre Services offers training for staff and volunteers in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, on a wide range of topics.
We try to keep costs to a minimum to enable as wide a range of participants as possible, although we do have to make a charge for certain courses.
From 1st January 2018 our fees will be as follows:
Full day courses
Staff (third sector): £27.50
Staff (public sector): £55
Staff (private business): £80
Half day courses (up to 3 hours)
Staff (third sector): £12.50
Staff (public sector): £27.50
Staff (private business): £32.50
Refunds and cancellations will be processed up to 7 days prior to the event. Cancellations fees apply for free tickets.
We are also able to deliver workshops on a range of topics relating to setting up and running community or voluntary organisations including: managing community organisations/ good governance; committee roles and responsibilities; recruiting volunteers, volunteer management/supervision; applying for funding; volunteers and the law; safeguarding adults and more. Please contact us to arrange bespoke training for your group.
Our networks and forums aim to strengthen and develop the voluntary and community sector in Lincolnshire by bringing staff and volunteers together to share skills, information, experience, good practice, resources and to work collectively on issues of common and minority interest.
These events help develop relationships with partner organisations and other sectors, by offering the chance to meet, talk, share ideas and promote upcoming events/projects.
Voluntary Centre Services and Lincolnshire CVS work in partnership as Volunteer Centres Lincolnshire.
Our Volunteer Centres run a regular training programme for staff and volunteers in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, on a wide range of topics. To complement this we are also able to offer a package of free online training courses to groups operating in Lincolnshire.
Free online training 2020/21
Volunteer Centres Lincolnshire have secured access to free online training courses in the following subject areas.
- Autism Awareness
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
- Care Act – Care and Support Planning
- Child Sexual Exploitation – Levels 1 and 2
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF or Early Help)
- Cultural Awareness in Safeguarding
- Customer Service
- Data Protection
- Dementia Awareness
- Domestic Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Abuse
- Environmental Awareness
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Equality and Diversity
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Fire Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- Food Allergy Awareness
- Food Safety and Hygiene Essentials
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
- GDPR – Board Training
- GDPR – Core Training (for Staff)
- Handling Violence and Aggression at Work
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Hidden Harm – Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill-Health and Domestic Abuse
- Information Governance
- Information Sharing and Consent
- Keeping Good Records
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Loss and Bereavement
- Managing Teams
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
- Multi-Agency Working
- Online Safety for Parents and Carers
- Palliative Care and End of Life Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness
- People Skills
- Personal Safety – Lone worker
- Physical Abuse
- Risk Assessment in the Workplace
- Safeguarding Adults (Levels 1 and 2)
- Safeguarding Awareness
- Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2)
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Safer Recruitment
- Sexual Abuse and Recognising Grooming
- Stress in the Workplace
- Substance Misuse
- Suicide Awareness
- Unconscious Bias
- Understanding Behaviour of Children and Young People
- Work in a Person Centred Way
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Your Personal Development
These courses are offered free of charge, on a first-come-first-served basis, until 31/03/2022.
Community and voluntary groups based in Lincolnshire can sign up for these online courses via the website link:
(At present the training is available only to third sector organisations or anyone enrolled within a VCS/LCVS programme.)