Voluntary Centre Services offers information resources and a programme of awareness training and support around Safeguarding Adults, specifically for the voluntary and community sector.
The project aims to:
- Highlight and promote effective safeguarding arrangements to prevent harm and reduce the risk of abuse and neglect
- Increase awareness of adult safeguarding legislation, procedures and how to recognise signs of abuse
- Provide information advice and training to ensure preventative activities and intervention are embedded within the third sector
- Upskill the third sector workforce and ensure that organisations recognise their responsibilities to safeguard adults
The training programme explores these questions:
- What is ‘adult safeguarding’ and how does it affect each and every one of us?
- Who are adults at risk?
- How do I recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse?
- What can I do if I am concerned that someone is being harmed?
- What can we all do to reduce the risk of harm?
Free one to one support is also available for community organisations looking to develop or refresh safeguarding procedures.