Advice Session Supervisor (Telephone & Digital Service)
Hours: 37.5 hours, Mon-Fri, 7.5 hrs per day between 8am-6pm
Main base: Gainsborough
Salary range: £22,093-£24,093 dependent upon experience
Purpose of role: To support the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) in the delivery of Citizens Advice Lindsey’s telephone and digital advice services across all our current and future telephone advice projects in line with; service key performance indicators, quality standards and customer satisfaction.
● Supervising and technical support of telephone, digital and general advice sessions as part of the Duty ASS rota, providing the adequate levels of support to advisors
● Ensuring the team are active on the platform to take calls/webchats as per the requirements of the project/service
● Updating rotating tools used by the telephone and digital team
● Reporting to the SDM the telephone and digital services activity/call handling times
● Line Management of designated telephone/digital team members
● Training and development of the telephone and digital team (current & new) in line with the Citizens Advice Lindsey Development plan
● Weekly/monthly and annual performance reviews of designated staff
● Internal and external quality checks (case checking) and call & webchat dip-checks across all projects
● Supporting the SDM with meeting the KPI’s for each project
● Interview clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills in order to allow clients to explain their problem/s and ensure the relevant level of advice is provided.
● Identify key information including time limits, key dates and any requirement for urgent advice.
● If required, support clients to use IT to make online claims and complete benefits checks when appropriate.
● Research and explore options using Citizens Advice resources to find, interpret and communicate the relevant information to clients taking into consideration the complexity of the problem and the client’s ability to make informed decisions and take the next steps themselves.
● Act for the client where necessary using appropriate communication skills and channels.
● Refer internally or externally to other specialist agencies as appropriate.
● Ensure that all work meets quality standards and the requirements of the funder
● Ensure that work reflects and supports the Citizens Advice service’s equality and diversity strategy.
● Maintain detailed case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
● Complete the required training to comply with quality assurance processes.
Research and campaigns
● Support our research and campaigns work through various channels including evidence, case studies, data collection, surveys and client consent.
● Keep up to date with legislation, policies and procedures and undertake appropriate training.
● Read relevant publications.
● Attend relevant internal and external meetings as agreed with the line manager
● Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/staff meetings as appropriate.
● Use of telephony and IT equipment for multichannel delivery of advice services.
● Use of IT software for statistical recording of information relating to research and campaigns and funding requirements, record keeping and document production.
● Ensure GDPR compliant training is completed on an annual basis.
● Ensure that all work conforms to our organisation’s systems and procedures.
Other duties and responsibilities
● Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service including, if required, face to face advice and the supervision of the face to face advice service
● Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for your own safety and that of colleagues.
- Proven experience of supporting and/or leading the delivery of telephone and digital advice services
- A proven ability to support and/or manage a team across multiple projects, giving regular constructive feedback to assist with team/individual development to achieve KPI’s, quality and objectives of each project
- An ability to use Telephone/webchat and Case management systems as an advisor/trainer/supervisor and commitment to quality standards
- A proven ability to interview clients as part of the advice process using sensitive questioning and listening skills and moving the client forward
- An excellent understanding of advice areas including benefits, carrying out and checking benefit calculations, housing, employment, family
- Ability to work as part of a team and foster a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- A proven ability to prioritise own workload within a busy working environment and take responsibility for own learning and development
- A proven ability to work flexibly across multiple projects as per the needs of the business
- A good understanding of Citizens Advice aims and principles including equality & diversity and research & campaigns
- Completion of Generalist Advice Certificate (Citizens Advice)
- Completion of Advice Session Supervisor Competencies
HOW TO APPLY: Send a CV and covering letter (detailing how you meet the person specification) to email@example.com