This role is all about identifying opportunities across the whole group, writing winning bids and supporting the development of new services, which ultimately contributes to the growth of both our brand and organisation.
The role is truly at the front, helping to drive us forward.
Who we are
We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
Want to know more about The Acis Way? Visit our website or check out our LinkedIn page.
As a bid developer, a typical day might include:
• Looking for funding and development opportunities – proactively searching and identifying new funding pots for the whole group
• Writing, writing and more writing. Yours is the main role in ensuring we’re articulate, on-point and writing winning bids
• Building relationships with funders small and large, fostering strong relationships so we have winning opportunities
• Bringing new services to life, through ensuring we know the market, understand our customer needs, and identifying opportunities where we can do more
• Turning ideas into something deliverable – writing this up, and matching this to the bid requirements
• Owning bids to submission, ensuring we submit on time, and with all the detail we need
• Coordinating the smooth handover from winning the bid to the implementation team, ensuring everything they need to know for a successful start
• Developing new models and new solutions to make the needs we have fit funding requirements
• Completing cost models and funding submissions – working up several bids at the same time
• Identifying opportunities for partnership working and the development of new services in line with business growth aspirations
Your role is all about identifying opportunities across the whole group, writing winning bids and supporting the development of new services, which ultimately contributes to the growth of both our brand and organisation. You’re truly at the front, helping to drive us forward.
The way you work
You’ll be part of our amazing team doing your thing in The Acis Way:
• You have the drive to do what’s right, putting our customers first in all that you do and challenging things that are wrong or need changing.
• You work closely with colleagues, connecting across our different teams, never working in silos and always sharing good practice.
• You own your work, supporting others to do the same. When you find problems, you provide solutions, encouraging new ways of working and an agile mindset. You don’t play the blame game.
The must haves:
• Experience of the funding process, or business development, from identification of opportunities to the submission of completed bid proposals
• Experience of collaborative working, both with external stakeholders and on a cross-departmental basis
• Experience of writing and winning bids of a minimum value of £100k
• The ability to juggle – there will be plates spinning, bids requiring submitting and conversations happening for all group entities at any one time
• Ability to use multiple IT systems
• An organised individual who can plan and monitor a varied workload
• A high standard of general administrative skills
• Strong people skills which encourages others to work collaboratively
• Strong literacy skills with the ability to write clearly and effectively
• A flexible approach to work and the ability to meet challenges and adapt to change
• Being self-motivated, resilient, with a drive and determination to achieve results
• Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you’ll be helping to bring real change to our customer’s lives.
The added extras:
• Involvement in or experience of the social housing sector
• Ability to undertake research and analysis of data – and to be able to report back on this to the wider business, funders, stakeholders in a clear and plain English way
• Elements of this role is external facing so experience of attending stakeholder events would be beneficial
We all have our part to play
• We’re committed to our vision of creating better homes, better services and better lives for our customers.
• We demonstrate behaviours which are in line with our core values of being honest, positive, and ambitious.
• We ensure all aspects of our work are in line with our customer-first focus – internal and external.
• We uphold our commitment to equality and diversity.
• We’re aware of our personal responsibilities regarding the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure our Health and Safety policy is adhered to in all aspects of our work.
• We treat all data with respect, ensuring we only use it for the correct purpose and is handled safely and securely.
• We promote and achieve Value for Money (VfM) across the organisation.
Being part of the Acis team
• This role can work form either of our corporate offices at Acis House in Gainsborough or Parkway Works in Sheffield. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
• We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday – Friday. Most people are here from 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible so talk to your line manager to find out the best fit.
• You’ll work 37 hours each week, we offer flexi-time, talk to your line manager for more details.
• You’ll get:
o At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
o An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
o The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training.
• We like to get face to face with customers and stakeholders, so a full driving licence is essential.
• This role requires a DBS check
• We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of people such as; other team members, managers and directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations and so on.
• Your staff handbook and your employment contract has much more detail. For more information, speak to your line manager or People Services.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be always required to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the line manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Where a role has different types, the business may at any time ask you to perform the duties of another role type, provided you have the relevant training and skills.
ACIS ARE COMMITTED TO EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY, ARE A PROUD MEMBER OF DISABILITY CONFIDENT AND WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM ANY APPLICANT WHO FEEL THEY HOLD THE ESSENTIAL SKILLS TO FULFIL THE ROLE. WE RECOGNISE THAT PEOPLE NEED FLEXIBILITY IN THEIR ROLE AND WE’RE HAPPY TO DISCUSS FLEXIBLE WORKING OPTIONS WITH THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
ACIS OPERATE A PREFERRED SUPPLIERS LIST. WE DO NOT ACCEPT SPECULATIVE APPLICATIONS.
For more information please contact: Hannah.email@example.com