This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team of Branch Leaders within Worth Unlimited. Working with marginalised young people from across Lincolnshire on The OASIS Social and Therapeutic Garden and within schools.
Worth Unlimited is a christian charity that has worked with young people for more than 20 years and has extensive experience of supporting teenagers and young adults through challenging, painful and high risk situations. In total we currently have 9 branches across England, each delivering programmes and projects which are tailored to their local context. Our focus on enabling locally focussed passion means that we have a broad range of activities taking place around our projects – from a Youth Bus to a Therapeutic Garden to a Mentoring project to a Bike Social Enterprise. Our mission is to mobilise people of all ages, particularly young people, to make their unique contribution to building strong, resilient, well-connected communities. More information about the various branches of the charity can be found on our website, www.worthunlimited.co.uk.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about positively impacting young people’s lives. You will become part of a charity that values, supports and cares for all its staff and volunteers. On-going training and support will be part of the overall package.
This role is currently unpaid, however there is the potential for developing the role into a paid position. There is also some potential for sharing this role and the role of overseeing the Social and Therapeutic Garden.
The position is for 18 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
The successful candidate will be required to register and subscribe with the DBS update service (if you have not already done so)
Applications forms, role description and person specification can be obtained from, and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role Title : Branch Leader
Accountability : The holder of this post is accountable to the National Director of Worth Unlimited
Role Summary : The main purposes of this post are to lead and develop our Youth Work and oversee the Social and Therapeutic Garden within the Lincolnshire branch of Worth Unlimited.
Duties to be undertaken:
1. Facilitate the delivery of sessions of youth work and outreach, identifying and engaging with marginalised and disaffected young people working through the various stages of identified youth work models.
2. Oversee the development and delivery of projects and programmes to develop supportive interventions among young people.
3. Ensure that all monitoring records are kept as appropriate.
4. Develop initiatives and actions that monitor and increase the quality of our work with young people.
5. Oversee The Oasis site, ensuring it is kept safe and well maintained, including liaising with the landlord to ensure good communication
6. Recruit, train and manage volunteers and staff (where funding allows). These people will include those who are helping with the gardening and those who are assisting with youth work projects.
7. Ensure budget monitoring is completed for areas of responsibility and respond to monitoring and reporting schedules from funders as appropriate, working within the Worth Unlimited financial rules.
8. Ensure that all activity carried out in relation to the branch is within the policy framework of Worth Unlimited, including but not limited to Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
9. Report regularly to the Trustees on work undertaken.
10. To lead the development and implementation of strategy of the branch for the development of the physical assets as well as the programme delivery.
11. To make contact with, build knowledge of and develop professional and working relationships with other local agencies likely to include the Police, the local Youth Service, Teachers, Social Services, Learning Mentors, Local Community Networks, the local Christian communities, in order to promote and advocate on behalf of the branch.
12. Develop and deliver a marketing plan for the project to continually increase awareness to supporters and potential partners.
13. To identify suitable funding opportunities and to prepare applications for funding or commissioning where appropriate and developing a donor and event strategy.
14. Meet regularly with the National Director for managerial supervision.
15. Any other relevant tasks as directed by the National Director, including contribution and cover for other Worth Unlimited branches in the region.
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the Post holder will be able to demonstrate that they are living out the Christian values and ethos that underpin this Worth Unlimited project. This post will also be subject to satisfactory references and DBS declaration.