Citizens Advice Lindsey
Consumer Service Telephone Advisers
Located at Guildhall, Marshalls Yard Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 2NA
Contract, hours and working week: Full and or part time cover for maternity leave, (with the possibility of a permanent post), 37 hours per week full time between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00pm. Part time hours to be discussed but within the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00pm
Closing Date: 9.00 am Monday 23rd September 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 30th September 2019
Start date: 4th November 2019
Training: Full training givenupon commencement of the role
To undertake an assessment of consumer advice needs in order to direct customers towards the most appropriate advice to support them in the resolution of their problem.
- To deliver an excellent customer service
- To conduct short, focused interviews by telephone to explore the customer’s situation and issues that need resolving
- To make a judgement about what the next steps should be. Based on understanding the problem, the customer’s capability and effective use of resources and other agencies that provide advice
- Where appropriate, provide quality assured, assisted self-help information / early intervention information
- Where appropriate, refer or signpost customers to one of the external partners in line with documented procedures.
Ability to undertake relevant and comprehensive training to become competent in the role.
- Proven experience of providing a high standard of customer service in a fast paced, target driven environment
- Experience of listening and questioning with an ability to manage challenging situations
- Ability to work individually and as part of a productive team
- Ability to retain information and apply this knowledge appropriately to the needs of the customer
- Ability to communicate information effectively both verbally and in writing to customers in a clear and understandable format
- Ability to work effectively and with accuracy in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims, principles and equality policies of Citizens Advice
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com