This role is 6 months fixed term with the possibility of being permanent based on further funding, this will be confirmed at interview.
Who are Acis?
We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
Want to know more about The Acis Way? Visit our website or check out our LinkedIn page.
As a Customer Support Officer, a typical day might include:
• Supporting our customers and households with a wide range of support needs for example access to food/medication, mental health, loneliness and isolation, anxiety, stress and disabilities
• Developing new and existing partnerships with specialist providers of support for our customers, in particular the elderly and those living with dementia and families across all areas of operation
• Developing subject matter expertise and identify and share tools, literature and coping strategies for older people and those living with dementia, families and other new areas as the support requires
• Identifying and sharing local and digital social groups to support with social isolation
• Coordinating our wider support information hub and be the ‘go to’ team for all things in this area of support
• Identifying safeguarding concerns such as domestic violence and child abuse
• Caseload managing our customers who need our help with IAG, action plans and referrals or wider check-in proactive support
• Developing and maintaining clear and consistent individual plans
• Producing reports and shouting about the positive impact of the service including its social value
• Leading on growing this area of support for our customers, identifying what they need and how we can support them – accessing a wide range of internal and external support services to ensure their individual/household needs are met and develop projects to support even further
• Building relationships with others providing support services across the group to enable us to provide a personalised and holistic approach to support
• Making best use of the digital tools and teams around you to ensure there are no barriers to providing support for those who need it
• Stepping in to provide ad hoc intensive support when identified to enable our core landlord responsibilities to be delivered
• Proactively engaging our customers to help us understand how we can improve and how we can support them better
Your role is all about delivering a service that supports our customers, making a positive difference to the lives of people and communities. You will be part of a team focusing on those customers identified as requiring a little more support than our standard service, and you will be empowered to find solutions to ensure they access the support they need and thrive.
What you’ll bring
The Acis Way:
• We have the drive to do what’s right, challenging things that are wrong or not in the spirit of putting our customers first – at whatever level this is needed.
• We work closely with each other, connecting across teams, never working in silos and always sharing best practise.
• We own our work to completion, supporting others to do the same. When we find problems we provide solutions, encouraging new ways of working and an agile mindset. We don’t play the blame game.
The must haves:
• Qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance Level 3 minimum
• Motivating and supporting people is what gets you up every day. Nothing makes you happier than seeing someone address and overcome challenges, knowing you helped them get there.
• Knowledge of support provision – customers will need a great support package in place to make a real, lasting difference.
• Ability to interpret data to identify where support/resources should be targeted – we like to be proactive
• Ability to engage people with support needs – we have a wide customer base and the ability to amend your approach to meet the needs of your audience is essential
• Experience of planning and providing support – you’ll be experienced in identifying barriers and writing SMART actions plans while motivating customers to achieve their goals.
• You’ll be experienced working with vulnerable customers with a wide range of support needs. Nothing will phase you and you will approach all situations with a professional, supportive attitude.
• Experience of establishing relationships with other support providers who can deliver support for our customers
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to negotiate and persuade and promote the service in a positive and accessible way
• Computer literate, with knowledge of PC based office management systems
• Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines and plan ahead
• The ability to represent Acis in a positive and effective manner
• Resilience. Supporting people can be challenging at times but often very rewarding, you’ll be helping to bring real change to people’s lives
The added extras:
• A good standard of general education is essential, but qualifications equivalent to A-Levels would be a bonus
• Recent experience of delivering a support service and effectively engaging customers and stakeholders would be great
• A L3 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) would be even better
• You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience
We all have our part to play
• We’re committed to our vision and demonstrate behaviours which are in line with our core values of being Honest, Positive, and Ambitious.
• We ensure that all aspects of our work are provided with a “customer orientated” focus to all internal and external users in line with our internal/external service promises.
• We uphold the Company’s commitment to Equality and Diversity.
• We’re aware of our personal responsibilities regarding the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure that the Company’s Health & Safety policy is adhered to in all aspects of our work
• We promote and achieve Value for Money (VfM) within our areas and across the organisation.
Being part of the Acis team
• You’ll be based out in our communities where your ‘home office’ is Acis House in Gainsborough or Parkway Works in Sheffield. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role and this role will require providing support at both of our offices, primarily in your base location.
• We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday – Friday. Most people are here from 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible so talk to your line manager to find out the best fit
• You’ll work 37 hours each week – core hours are in place but due to the nature of the role you need to be flexible to work when our customers need us. We offer flexi-time, so talk to your line manager for more details.
• You’ll get:
o At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
o An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
o The opportunity to undertake professional training, funded by us.
• This role requires an enhanced DBS check as this role includes working with vulnerable customers
• We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence is essential (or full access to a vehicle and driver under a scheme such as Access to Work)
• We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear smart office clothing at all times.
• We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of people such as; other team members, managers and directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations and so on.
• Your staff handbook and your employment contract has much more detail. For more information, speak to your line manager or People Services.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the line manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Where a role has different types, the business may at any time ask you to perform the duties of another role type, provided you have the relevant training and skills.
ACIS ARE COMMITTED TO EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY, ARE A PROUD MEMBER OF DISABILITY CONFIDENT AND WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM ANY APPLICANT WHO FEEL THEY HOLD THE ESSENTIAL SKILLS TO FULFIL THE ROLE. WE RECOGNISE THAT PEOPLE NEED FLEXIBILITY IN THEIR ROLE AND WE’RE HAPPY TO DISCUSS FLEXIBLE WORKING OPTIONS WITH THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
ACIS OPERATE A PREFERRED SUPPLIERS LIST. WE DO NOT ACCEPT SPECULATIVE APPLICATIONS.
For information: https://acisgroup.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/198?target=frame.