Who we are – We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
Want to know more about The Acis Way? Visit our website or check out our LinkedIn page.
As a Sessional Tutor a typical day might include:
• Delivering a variety of accredited and non-accredited courses at our training centre in Gainsborough as well as virtually to remote learners.
• Contributing to curriculum development across your subjects of expertise.
• Being responsible for Quality Assurance of your teaching to ensure our customers receive the best service possible.
• Planning, preparing, delivering and evaluating all the courses you lead.
• Sorting course outline information and schemes of work for courses.
• Preparing plans and learning materials for each session, making them available for monitoring or lesson observation visits and maintaining them.
• Monitoring, marking and assessing learners’ work and progress and prepare learners for exams and accreditation.
• Ensuring that learners complete the admin documentation including enrolment forms, payment of fees, etc.
Your role is all about helping others to develop, whether it’s technical or customer skills. Being a tutor is a key role to provide our customers with the skills, qualifications and confidence to develop in their personal and career goals.
The way you work
You’ll be part of our amazing team doing your thing in The Acis Way:
• You have the drive to do what’s right, putting our customers first in all that you do and challenging things that are wrong or need changing.
• You work closely with colleagues, connecting across our different teams, never working in silos and always sharing good practice.
• You own your work, supporting others to do the same. When you find problems, you provide solutions, encouraging new ways of working and an agile mindset. You don’t play the blame game.
The must haves:
• Qualifications in the subject specialism (to at least Level 4 equivalent), or an in-depth knowledge and substantial experience in the subject area.
• Teaching qualification appropriate for working in Post 16 Sector, and/or willingness to undergo further training.
• PTTLS would be considered an advantage for an applicant without a formal qualification.
• Experience of teaching/training or working with groups of adults in appropriate field.
• An understanding of the principles underpinning teaching adults, i.e. planning, delivery, assessment and evaluation of learning.
• An awareness of different learning strategies and teaching methods suitable for teaching a diverse range of abilities.
• Effective oral and written communication, numeracy and interpersonal qualifications & skills to communicate effectively with staff and learners alike (to at least Level 2 and/or willingness to acquire appropriate equivalent qualification). A commitment and ability to comply with Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety policies, etc.
• Resilience. Working with us is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll be helping to bring real change to our customers’ lives.
The added extras:
• Experience in delivering externally funded contract provision e.g. local authority, Lottery, ESF, DWP.
• You’ll be able to deliver courses beyond your primary area of expertise.
• You’ll have a degree in a relevant subject area.
• You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience.
We all have our part to play
• We’re committed to our vision of creating better homes, better services and better lives for our customers.
• We demonstrate behaviours which are in line with our core values of being honest, positive, and ambitious.
• We ensure all aspects of our work are in line with our customer-first focus – internal and external.
• We uphold our commitment to equality and diversity.
• We’re aware of our personal responsibilities regarding the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure our Health and Safety policy is adhered to in all aspects of our work.
• We treat all data with respect, ensuring we only use it for the correct purpose and is handled safely and securely.
• We promote and achieve Value for Money (VfM) across the organisation.
Being part of the Acis team
• You’ll work from our training centre in Gainsborough. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role and this role will require providing support at both of our offices, primarily in your base location.
• This role requires no DBS check, but we may request you undertake a relevant DBS check in the future OR a basic DBS check OR an enhanced DBS check as this role includes working with vulnerable customers THIS IS TO BE COMPLETED BY PEOPLE SERVICES
• We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear smart office clothing.
• We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of people such as; other team members, managers and directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations and so on.
• Your staff handbook and your employment contract has much more detail. For more information, speak to your line manager or People Services.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the line manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Where a role has different types, the business may at any time ask you to perform the duties of another role type, provided you have the relevant training and skills.
ACIS ARE COMMITTED TO EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY, ARE A PROUD MEMBER OF DISABILITY CONFIDENT AND WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM ANY APPLICANT WHO FEEL THEY HOLD THE ESSENTIAL SKILLS TO FULFIL THE ROLE. WE RECOGNISE THAT PEOPLE NEED FLEXIBILITY IN THEIR ROLE AND WE’RE HAPPY TO DISCUSS FLEXIBLE WORKING OPTIONS WITH THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
ACIS OPERATE A PREFERRED SUPPLIERS LIST. WE DO NOT ACCEPT SPECULATIVE APPLICATIONS.
For more information or to apply for the role please follow the link: https://acisgroup.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/196?target=frame.