Do you have the passion and commitment to make a difference to a family’s life?
Skills Development Officer – Lincoln
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team working across Lincolnshire Children’s Centres to deliver Best Start Lincolnshire.
The Early Years Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year. We are seeking to fill the following vacancy within Lincolnshire based at Lincoln Central Children’s Centre, and working in the Lincoln area.
- Work with parents of 0-19 year olds to plan tailored Skills Development support packages.
- Support parents as they progress towards positive outcomes such as learning, volunteering and employment.
- Recruit, retain and support parent volunteers for the Alliance’s Children’s Centre volunteer programme, and encourage them to play an active part in Children’s Centres and the community.
- Work both independently and as part of a multi-agency team, following Lincolnshire County Council and Pre-school Learning Alliance policies and procedures.
- Successful candidates will hold a relevant qualification to a minimum Level 3 or equivalent.
- Have a passion for working towards improved outcomes for all families.
- The ability to produce verbal and written reports, and collect and monitor data using various IT programmes.
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Word, Office, internet and email.
A comprehensive induction and support package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Mileage from an agreed base is paid at 35p per mile.
This is a fixed term post until 30th June 2020, working 35 hours per week.
Salary: £17,690.40 to £19,000.80
Closing Date: Monday 29th April 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 16th May 2019
All successful applicants will be required to register and subscribe with the DBS Update Service (if you have not already done so) and undertake a new enhanced disclosure and barring check (even if you have an existing DBS Certificate).
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.
To apply on company site, please CLICK HERE