Early Years Alliance are looking for a new Skills development officer, please see their advert below.
Do you have the passion and commitment to make a difference to a family’s life?
If yes, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Skills Development Officer to join our team within Lincolnshire based at Louth Children’s Centre and working in the East Lindsey area, to deliver our Best Start Children and Family Service.
As part of the Best Start service, our Skills Development Officers offer encouragement and practical support to parents in a variety of areas including learning, volunteering, and employment. Our Skills Development Service is open to parents of children aged 0-19 years (25 SEND) to help them make positive changes for themselves and their families.
To work with parents to help increase their confidence, skills, and aspirations, supporting them to go on and access adult learning, apprenticeships, volunteering, and employment.
- To engage with parents to help them increase their level of confidence, skills and aspirations through 1:1 support and signposting.
- Recruit, retain and support parent volunteers for the Alliance’s children’s centre volunteer programme, and encourage them to play an active part in children’s centres and the community.
- To support parents going on to access adult learning, training, apprenticeships, volunteering or to support them into employment.
- Successful candidates will hold a relevant qualification to a minimum Level 3 or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working with adults to access training, adult learning and volunteering.
- Have a passion for working towards improved outcomes for all families.
- The ability to produce verbal and written reports and collect and monitor data using various IT programmes.
- Experience of successful multi-agency working with professionals, early help teams, social care teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team of Skills Development Officers working across Lincolnshire Children’s Centres to deliver Best Start Lincolnshire.
A comprehensive induction and support package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Mileage from an agreed base is paid at 35p per mile.
This is a fixed term post until 31st March 2023.
Hours per week: 28
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual Interview date: Wednesday 3rd or Thursday 4th November
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
All successful applicants will be required to register and subscribe with the DBS Update Service (if you have not already done so) and undertake a new enhanced disclosure and barring check (even if you have an existing DBS Certificate).
FOR MORE INFORMATION, AND TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO: